Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WonderBoy

I was so proud of Elisha tonight. He laid down in the bathtub!! He was really uncertain about it at first- but once he had his head back in the water- he loved it. He cautiously gave me a "odeen, dva, yee" and splashed the water on his head. (That would be really close to the Russian for 1,2,3)

I can still remember how much I loved to lay back in the water. What an amazing feeling- I could tell when he got a little water in his ear- his whole body had a shiver. Remember that feeling? Almost like the water was going all the way through your head (OK- no blond jokes here, pleese...............)

I am so impressed with all our son is able to do. He's been practicing walking backwards, building puzzles (the wooden kind) and putting the shapes into the right places on the ball. Unfortunately, he can't quite get the letters down yet. (Don't think I'm an over achiever mom- just saddened that he can't communicate with us what he wants as easily as he wants to)

Just about everything is mama- I am Mama, Molly, the dog, is mama, mylinke (small) is mama- sometimes even Papa is mama- at least in how Elisha says our names :0) His chanting phrase as he's doing stuff is ma ma ma ma............

Bedtime, bathtime and potty time. The only times little ones have any control over. My mom tells me strong willed children are difficult to raise, but grow up to do great things. I can't wait to see what God has in store for our amazing little guy.


Have I mentioned how thankful I am for the amazing weather we've had the last week? It has been chilly, but BBBEEEAAAAUUUTTTIIIIFFUUUULLLLL !!!!! MAmaw and Papaw got in the peeps (little baby chicks)this week. Eli had a sneak peak- I think he liked the big ones better- he went right up to the door today and said Cock-a-doo in a very loud voice. He and the rooster really had quite a conversation.
We went from there to Papaw's tractor sitting out in the yard. Papaw and Papa were working with a neighbor to cut some trees down into lumber that can be used for many of the woodworking projects Papaw has in mind.
He was very happy to stay in Mama's arms as we watched this process taking place. (Mama didn't mind this a bit- arms hugging tight to my neck as we watch the men we love working :))
So today, as we are walking back from visiting the peeps, Papa came up the driveway, home from a day of teaching. Eli jumped right in with his Papa and "helped" him drive the rest of the way up the driveway. Thank you God for sunfilled days, signs of new life everywhere we look and friends and family that love us.

No comments: