Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

cute stories

Tim had to work yesterday. So Eli and I had the day to ourselves to play and check out getting dirty outside. We played with the trucks from Aunt Amity and Uncle Justin. I was trying to do the guy thing and show him, along with noises how the heavy machinery works. I think guys do a better job at this- must be the deeper voices? hehe

He actually played with the limestone screening. I wasn't sure if he would, since he's still a bit hesitant with new "feels". He wouldn't touch the sand in our friend's sandbox last week- so I was surprised to see him just reach right in and grab handfuls of the fines.

So we went from there to the garden where he helped me pull weeds and stick the steaks in the ground. He loved washing up at the pump outside- and we got all wet :)

After coming back in for his snack, I asked if he wanted to help Mama fix chicken for dinner. He immediately ran to the door yelling Cock-a-doo, Cock-a-doo. and pointing to go out. Hmmmmm- it was just 11- we'd have time to go see the chickens, say hi to Mamaw and Tatia (aunt) Paula and make it back before lunch. So, we headed out. This is Eli with Tim in with the peeps last week. It was what he was longing to repeat......

So, off we went. As we were crossing the road between our house and Mamaw's I thought he might like to learn to stop and smell the flowers...... So we walked over to Mamaw's beautiful Magnolia tree. I had been so afraid it would be injured with the last frost we had- but it is magnificent.

So, we walked over and up the little incline to the tree. I steadied him on the hill and began to back up to get a little perspective on the picture. How cute, I'm thinking to myself, when suddenly, my back foot begins to slide down the hill. OOOOhhhh Grosss!!!!! a pile of dog poo, and now I'm in it. Yuck!! So, I quickly wipe it off, point to the flowers on the tree and tell Elisha to smell the flowers.

Poor little guy. He is understanding so much English. I don't think he understands smell and flower together yet, though. He made a face and began to bend over........ to smell the pooo!!!!!!
I couldn't help but laugh- I stopped him, of course, and said, no silly- not the poo- and pointed to the tree- the flower on the tree. So, anyway, thought I'd share a little of the fun and silliness we get to have together.

Thank you, God, for sun filled days, laughter and the blessings that come with parenthood. May they always outweigh the work and frustration!!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Looks beautiful there...what a handsome boy!