Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tests done

Thank you all for your prayers covering us during these days of testing.  As I already mentioned, Eli did really well with his blood work.  

Tuesday morning we got up and headed off to Columbus.  I could feel the many prayers surrounding us- I actually felt somewhat normal during the morning hours :)  Thank you, God!!

We got to Nationwide Children's Hospital, parked and walked in.  This hospital is quite amazing.  The most un-hospital hospital I've ever been in.  It reminded me more of the children's areas in some of the Mega churches I've been in.  We followed around several hallways until we reached the info desk in one of the outpatient wings.  We had to get a security pass from the guard to go up the elevator to the cardiology wing.  Pretty tight security.  

He did really well- a bit scared at first- I think more from the restraint than anything.  By the time the technician was done, Eli was singing and looking around- much better.  He didn't care much for the "stickers" she put on him- they were for the leads to hook up to monitor heart rhythm, I think.  Anywho, Tim, at one point, watching the rhythm scrolling across the screen (now, remember, he teaches students how to read these, as well as knowing with on the job training)asked the technician if she was causing the ectopic reading, or if it was his rhythm.  She looked up a little stunned at his question and when we were done asked what he did for a living.  

Thank you all for your prayers.  We still have one test to turn in, and should be hearing back on all the results soon.  Our brave little guy has a little patch of rough skin/rash on his back and a few spots scattered all over his belly.  I keep praying it will be resolved by morning.  Poor little thing is not quite himself. 

Praying that all will be right as rain by the time we all wake up in the morning.  I am praising God and giving Him all the glory that I feel sooo much better this evening.  God is soooo great!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Debbie,
So glad to hear that you are feeling better and that the tests are going well!!

Carey said...

I'm praying!