Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Amity's Quilt

Well, I finally finished the quilt I made for my sister for her wedding/Christmas around Thanksgiving. It was such a joy to watch them open this gift at Christmas. I designed the quilt to pick up some of the outstanding things in both her and her husband, Justin's, lives. This first picture was taken just before I finished it- I had it all laid out across the living room carpet. HHmmm, the things I won't be able to do for a while with a toddler running around.........

The center is called a Russian Sunflower. This reflects Amity's travels there for schooling. Also very dear to our heart, since our son was born there. Justin did some research in Texas- thus the Broken Star of Texas surrounding the Russian Sunflower. The whole thing is hemmed in by all the peaks and valleys we experience in life, making us stronger, just like the hem makes the quilt stronger (and nicer looking, too, eh?)

Hey, I even made it reversible-just like in life- make sure to keep the behind the scenes area nice enough to show the world ;0).


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lori said...

bEAUTIFUL.

Deb said...

That's gorgeous.

Chris Goeppner said...

Oh Debbie,
That is the most beautiful quilt ever! I love the meaning behind it as well. You sure do have some talent on loan from God!;)
-Penny