Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Joy In The Moment

So much joy in my heart. I stand in awe of what God has been accomplishing in our lives to bring our son into our home.

Yesterday, thanks to the amazing tracking system FedEx has, we were able to watch our FBI clearances as they were certified and apostilled in WV and sent back to our Family Coordinator at our adoption agency, AWAA. Hallelujah!!! We've been waiting since Christmas to see this accomplished- Thank you, God, for doing this great thing for us!

The only document remaining for us now is the CPS, or Child Protective Services, letter. There has been some controversy over the signing of this document. We have been praying for the completion of this single piece of paper since the very beginning of November. We found out yesterday.............. It is finished!! Our caseworker in Ohio emailed to let us know she had received it, AND made it to the FedEx office before they closed, so it should be here by Wed evening.

I am really beginning to get a brief glimpse of the joy that David had when he danced before God with all his might. I've never been hunted down by people trying to kill me, or many of the things David went through, but, my oh my, these psalms are really ringing true. It is definitely the "Living Word"- pour over it, let it fill and encourage you.......


"The one thing I want from God, the thing I seek most of all, is the privilege of meditating in his Temple, living in his presence every day of my life, delighting in his incomparable perfections and glory. There I'll be when troubles come. He will hide me. He will set me on a high rock out of reach of all my enemies. Then I will bring him sacrifices and sing his praises with much joy. Listen to my pleading, Lord! Be merciful and send the help I need.........
Don't be impatient. Wait for the Lord, and he will come and save you! Be brave, stouthearted and courageous. Yes, wait and he will help you."
Psalms 27:4-7,14 LB

This makes me ponder. As the popular song says, "You give me joy that's unspeakable...... and I like it, yes I like it....." HHHmmmmmm. ........ God tells us this joy should be in our hearts at all times. Not just when things are going right. WOW. The joy of the Lord is my strength. Weeping may endure for a night, but JOY comes in the morning. Even the song we sang as children, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, WHERE? Down in my heart, WHERE? Down in my Heart!! I've got the JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY down in my heart, down in my heart to stay.

Thank you God for your overwhelming Joy in the moment, in everything we do. Let our praises and joys always be raised to you, no matter what our current circumstances are. You are always you, never changing, always loving, always working things for good. You make my joy complete- help me remember that even when it's not going smoothly.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Tim and Deb! I just started reading your blog over the weekend and wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed it and your music. Very inspirational! Thank you! I belong to the Kras yahoo chat group and have been reading everyone's posts for a few months. I haven't really psoted much yet, but I am waiting for my referall in the region of Kras. I live in Michigan and would love to continue to chat with you as we are fairly close to each other. Write me privately at slfreddie@aol.com if you'd like to chat. My name is Shannon.

Deb said...

What a beautiful post. Sometimes I find it hard to keep walking in the joy and peace I have found in this journey. Thanks for the reminder.

Glad your last form is collected. Now it's just waiting for the court date, right?

Lori said...

Yeh!!!!