Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Are you dancing?

Today is our little chat groups prayer day. How amazing is it that we, the creation, can come before the creator and ask for the desires of our hearts, knowing that God desires to bless us and fulfill the amazing things He wants to do in our lives.

Today I am lifting up the people adopting, their children as they join into these families, the process- God has already shown that He can move mountains and He is sooo in charge to fulfill his purposes in our lives.

One of the most difficult areas to rest in for many of us is the financial end. Tim and I have been very blessed in our jobs, but this is still overwhelming for us. It is also something that our culture has made taboo- talking about money. I am so excited as we come near the final part of our journey- because, no matter what I think can or can't happen, God owns everything. He has called us to this child and He will provide for us to bring this child home. Instead of looking at this with fear in my heart, I'm actually excited to see what all He will do. We've been so blessed by many friends and family at home and church who have shared the excitement they have in their hearts for us, and also contributed to our fund to bring our son home. This really blows me away. God has already placed such a love for our child in the hearts of the people in our community. I stand amazed and in awe of what God is doing in our lives!

Received this email from a very good friend of mine. Haven't been able to stop thinking about the truth in this. I leave you with this lovely example- For now I'm Goin' to dance with my Jesus....

Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word Guidance,
I kept seeing 'dance' at the end of the word
And I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music,
And everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.


When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,
Both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back
Or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another.


It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, willingness,
And attentiveness from one person
And gentle guidance and skill from the other.


My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw 'G': I thought of God, followed by 'u' and 'i'.
'God, 'u' and 'i' dance.' God, you, and I dance.


As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust
that I would get guidance about my life and once again,
I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings
And mercies are upon you on this day and everyday.
May you abide in God, as God abides in you.
Dance together with God,
Trusting God to lead and to guide you through each season of your life
.


Let's continue to pray for one another.
And I Hope You Dance !







3 comments:

Carey said...

THANK YOU! Go to our journal to see why!
Carey

Lori said...

Lovely.

3 became 4... said...

Wow! So awesome! Thank you for your encouragement- not just today, but so many countless other days.
In Christ,
Lyn Franks