Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Can you hear it?

The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

Just received this great scripture from our worship leader at church. Can you hear God singing? Listen closer.....Quiet everything around you tuning out any surrounding sounds and really listen.........What a glorious sound. As you can probably tell from past scripture postings, I've been enjoying reading scriptures I've known for a while in the NIV and KJV in the LB. Here is what Zephaniah has to say in a slightly different translation.....

from 16......
...."Cheer up, don't be afraid. For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will give you victory. He will rejoice over you in great gladness; he will love you and not accuse you. " Is that a joyous choir I hear? No, it is the Lord himself exulting over you in happy song:
"I have gathered your wounded and taken away your reproach. And I will deal severely with all who have oppressed you. I will save the weak and helpless ones, and bring together those who were chased away. I will give glory to my former exiles, mocked and shamed.
"At that Time, I will gather you together and bring you home again, and give you a good name, a name of distinction among all the peoples of the earth, and they will praise you when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes," says the Lord.

Zephaniah 3:16-20

OK, OK so I kept on reading- I'm serious- this is good stuff. If you haven't read for a while- pick it up- you'd be amazed how God speaks through His word.

Against all odds, the family we travelled with back in October found out they are going back for court and to bring home their 2 sons in just over 2 weeks. I am joining in with the angels singing for this great thing God is doing, and I'm watching,.......... and waiting........... the excitement is growing......... I'm about ready to bust......... I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!!!! I'm learning to lean fully on Him, no matter what the circumstances appear to be around me. He already has it all worked out. So glad this awesome omniscient creator is my Daddy. Can you tell I'm in love? I can't wait to see how this chapter is going to end. The master story teller has me in his grasp- I can't even put down the book of my life. How amazing to be reading this while it's being written. Is your life-book a best seller, too?

3 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

My life-book should be in Oprah's book club after all we've been through! JK!!!=)
I can't wait to hear the good news from you guys! I'm praying you get it soon!
Love,
Penny

Lori said...

Nice post. Thanks!

Kushmama said...

praying for you that God will surprise you with a special announcement of your own very soon...i know Penny would love nothing more than to travel with you and your husband on this second trip. you two were an absolute God-send for her and Chris on the first trip. would love for you to be able to experience the joy of the final leg together!
chris & penny's sister:)