Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Holy Days!

Hope you all had a wonderful blessed Christmas and New Year.
We had an amazing time with our families. Our family production of Kidstuf at church did a program called Jingle Jam for Christmas Eve. We had such a blast doing it!! I think, over all, we had around 600 or more people between the 2 services. Here is a pic of Tim and me in character as Gordo and Cammie.
.

We had a special time with each of our families, talking and laughing together, opening gifts, sharing memories. It was a joy, and a surprise to have gifts for our son to open. How humbling it is to see all the thought and care that goes into preparing these special gifts.

We don't make it home to my mom and dad's very often, and very rarely do all my siblings make it home at the same time- but we were all there, together, at some point this week. Mom hosted an open house party for all our friends in and around Carmichaels. I think over 50 people showed up........ and stayed the whole time. It was so overwhelming when I realized they were all there to show how much they cared- about me and Tim and our son and our journey to unite our family. We hadn't asked for any gifts. This was just a time they could rejoice with us- but there were so many gifts. It is very humbling. Here are a few photos-


Tim and my dad put together a video using footage from our visit in Oct with our son. I realized that it is possible to relive every moment all over again as we watch the footage of us with our son. The pictures and video, along with several of our favorite songs, played softly in the background while we do-si-doed around the rooms, surrounded by love, family and friends.


Thank you to all- we pray special blessings on you for making our time so sweet- and to my mom and everyone who had a part in the evening- all you did was amazing and filled our hearts up to the brim. Even Baka enjoyed helping us open presents for Eli! Though, I think she just wanted to eat more paper :)

May God bless you all richly during this coming year, filling your hearts and lives with all He has for you- praying we all remember to stop and listen for that still small voice, directing us, guiding us, showing us the path to follow as we stay centered in His will.

God Bless you all!!

The Swingles

2 comments:

Lori said...

Good Food, Good friends...good times...glad to hear you had such a nice Christmas and New year! Now if these next two weeks could just fly by!

Chris Goeppner said...

Oh Debbie,
I'm so happy for you that you guys were able to have a celebration of parenthood. I know you were blessed.
I'm up for another phone call, how about you? I miss ya!
Blessings,
Penny