Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Update

Wow! What a week it has been- and it's only Wednesday!

So, it has really been a roller coaster- the super-duper flying you upside down and all around til you lose your stomach kinda week.

Some lows:
Due to the decreasing value of the dollar, we found out the adoption foreign fee has been increased a little over $2,000. It, the decrease of value of the American dollar, also means, as I'm sure everyone has heard in the news, that it is now more expensive than ever for international travel- the dollar truely doesn't go as far as it used to. If only we could all, as Americans, start living within our means and not have such a large debt to income ratio.
We found out today that no court dates will be given until ALL documents are in the hands of the attorney in Russia. There were a few documents we had been told we had some more time to work on.
On a more "cheeky" note, Tim and I both have been having dental work done. Is this just part of the aging process? :0) lol Praying everything is finished before it's time to go to Russia, for 3 1/2 weeks!
And, though it is nothing to sneeze at, I am still trying to fight off whatever sinus ailment I've picked up at work and been struggling with since Christmas.

Some not so sures:
We lost 2 fish today- the shark and the red one- can't remember what kind....... Apparently, white blisters are caused by ick- it is icky!! But the internet is great- I got the home remedy started - and the other 3 are still alive :) 1 Tablespoon of salt and then picture the heating pad wrapped around the tank...... yeah, it made me laugh, too! Low due to loss of life- high- because we won't have to have anyone "fish-sit" for us while we are gone if there aren't any left.... lol

Some Highs:
Our FBI prints made it to our Family Coordinator yesterday, finishing all our paperwork. God's speed to Krasnoyarsk to our paperwork. I would really love to have a court date before/by our anniversary- Feb 12, and finding out this week would really be a dream come true.
Finally got the covering done on the hearth of our fireplace- 2 inches of foam covered by a creamy colored fabric- softening the stone corners for little heads and knees. Finishing it is the high- the actual placing of the fabric over the foam by myself had a certain amount of angst- lots of prayer and talking to God!! And the glass table top protector is now in place, too- for all the cars that will be driving over it.
2 more families got court dates last Friday. That means things are moving again after the new year holidays. Yeah for the families!! Please remember all in prayer that are travelling now and soon to come. They'll be there for a while. We hope to soon join them :)

Loop-de-loop:
We finally got our CPS letter in hand........just a few hours after we received word that we no longer needed this document- the one we've been praying over and stressing over since the first days of November. But- we are taking it with us, just in case the judge decides she wants it when we appear in court. Thanks to our case worker for all the work and time she has poured into getting this document for us.
We are in some sort of numb place now, all the things we can do for the adoption done, just waiting on God's perfect timing for the phone call to travel, have court and bring our son home. I look at his face in our pictures, listen to his laugh on our video and long to hold him close in my arms and look and listen in person. I have a whole new depth of understanding for a few of our families that adopted from a very difficult region- they waited 2 years to go back and get their children. What Grace they must have been given. I don't even want to think of what that would be like.
"Why am I praying like this? Because I know you will answer me, O God! Yes, listen as I pray. Show me your strong love in wonderful ways, O Savior...Protect me as you would the pupil of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings as you hover over me...But as for me, my contentment is not in wealth but in seeing you and knowing all is well between us. And when I awake in heaven, I will be fully satisfied, for I will see you face to face."

Psalm 17:6-8,15 LB

The highest high of this week and the whole journey:
Knowing that God is, was and always will be in control not only of our adoption, but in every area of our life, and that none of these "delays" surprise Him. His purpose will be fulfilled and our son will be in his own bed in our house in Ohio on the exact day that God planned before the foundation of time. Knowing I can rest in that makes all this bearable- and allows me to find the joy in every moment, celebrating the hurdles, instead of cowering before them.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Two more court dates!!!! yipppeee!
I knew Kristin was talking to Dr. D for some reason!

Chris Goeppner said...

Amen Sister! Can I just have you write for our blog 'cause you pretty much just said it all!=)
I am excited about not needing the CPS letter, I was stressed about that one too!
I'm hoping that we are paper ready, I keep thinking that there's some document that we don't have submitted and I don't even know about it!
I'm praying for our court dates to come soon!
Blessings,
Penny