Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 28, 2008

Exciting Surprise Road Trip

We travelled to PA this weekend to visit my mom and dad. Just a short trip- a little over 24 hours- but oh, so nice!
We went to church with Mom and Dad Sunday am. An old friend of mine asked how everything was going. I gave him this analogy and thought, oh my, that's good- it describes exactly how I felt/feel. So, here goes-

Last Friday, one of my lowest points so far in our adoption, as you can read in the post I did that day, I'll compare to a road trip.

God is my Daddy driver, and I'm His special little girl sitting in the front seat with Him. We're going out on a special trip together. Like date night with my Daddy as I was growing up. As we are driving along, I recognize the landmarks and I'm sure we are going to Pizza Hut. The excitement begins to build- I can almost smell and taste the pizza. I know how much Daddy loves pizza, and I do, too, so I just know that is where we are going. We come nearer and nearer, and I'm straining against the seat belt, on the edge of my seat. I just know that's were we're going. I see it up around the bend and brace myself for the turn into the little parking lot.

Only, we don't slow. I've so built up this as being my end destination that I am crushed when we don't stop. We just drive right on past, with Daddy not even looking over at the little pizza shoppe.

Then, slowly, like a ray of light peaking through the densest, heaviest cloud cover, I think a new thought. We aren't going someplace I've been before. This is a true adventure, and with God in control, the one who knows me even better than I know myself, I don't need to fear what the end stop will be. It will be PERFECT, and happen at the PERFECT TIME.

This truly has replaced my mourning with dancing and given me an excitement and zeal to see what this surprise is the Father Daddy has planned. It means I no longer need to fear if I get a court date, or when it will be. If I can keep the perspective of the one steering the car, relax and enjoy the trip seeing sights I've never seen before, learning more about myself as we have all this time to talk and converse together and get to know each other better, then I have actually received 2 very precious gifts from my Father Daddy.

I have received time alone with Him, learning to rest in His arms and trust the direction He's leading me, and at the end of the journey, we'll be dining with my new family. What an awesome surprise party that will be!!

Thank you, Father Daddy God, for giving us these amazing surprise road trips. Thank you for restoring my excitement in the trip as well as the next stop- thank you that we'll always have these special times together, even when I'm old and gray and nearing the end of this journey here on Earth. Thank you for revealing that next facet of You to me. You become more incredible every day. Please expand my mind, so I can learn even more of you!

Fasten your seat belts, lift your gaze, wipe away your tears and enjoy this amazing journey you are on with the Creator. Savor every moment- though some roads may become so familiar that you see them in your sleep, other roads you may only pass by once- don't miss all that God, your Father, wants to bless you with. You Go God!!!

No comments: