Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fun posts and great news!

I was looking through some of our pictures the other day. Sometimes it helps, bringing back nuances of what it was like to be with our son for such a short period of time.

I came across my first "Mummy" pic from the hotel in Moscow- the room was a cozy 72 degrees- normal for us at home (even warm this time of year) but it seemed soooo much colder- because most places we were at indoors in Russia were closer to 80-82 degrees.

So, in this pic, I'm resting, and instead of getting under the covers for a few minutes before we went to dinner, I pulled the silk bed scarf over me. Tim thought that was quite funny- what do you think? It was actually quite warm, after I made sure it was all tucked in properly :)

Tim was/is such the consummate photographer. He has such a way with lighting and angles- I can't wait to be able to put pictures up of our son that he took- or even better, pictures that Tim will be taking here, at our house!
Here is a not so candid one of him, taken by yours truly. I'm so glad we had the extra few days in Moscow on our first trip to just take in the sights. It was in the double digits temperature-wise, too.
In this picture, we are inside the Kremlin- you can see the bell tower in the background. It was cold and rainy this day- but, even when it seems cloudiest- you can still glimpse a little bit of blue sky in the distance :)
OK- so the great news- Several more agencies received accreditation just recently. I am celebrating for these families I just found out about this evening. I was told that there are a few families that received referrals before the accreditation closed down, and they are now able to come back and finalize their adoptions. Hallelujah for more answered prayers. It's a very delicate line to walk here. In celebration for these families, still in deep prayer that they can have their court dates soon, and so can we, so our wait doesn't become even longer.
I am so blown away by God's grace. The analogies He has given me over the last few days have been incredible and life changing for me. I don't have to worry about tomorrow. I will hope and dream, and, yes, even plan, but know that my Father in heaven knows what tomorrow holds and I don't have to worry about it. He is so infinitely wise!!

No comments: