Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rejoice at all times, again, I say, REJOICE!!

I thought a lot about many different things today as I was driving. I don't normally drive the long distances when we travel- Tim is great about that. So it was with a bit of concern that I set out this morning to drive to Findlay. The trip started in a "netherworld" of sorts. I was able to pretend I was already in Krasnoyarsk, Russia, as I struggled to see through the snow storm that blew in, the incredibly high winds and the heavy traffic. It made me feel closer to my son than just about anything else could have. Thanks for getting me safely through the storm, God!

I was able to pick up the documents I needed in Findlay, (thanks again, Therese!)get to the SOS (sec'y of State's) office in Columbus where I had these and a few other documents apostilled, over to Whitehall, where Tim was working, to make copies, and then to FedEx before 4 to get everything in the mail. If everything goes as planned, our documents should be in Krasnoyarsk on Sat, hopefully translated and in the judges hands by Wed of next week.

********If********this all happens, we may still be able to have a court date in Feb. I will allow a lot of hope here, but try to keep my expectations more realistic, and my focus solely on God. Afraid I got distracted last week and almost went over the deep end.

We are having a "prayer day" with our chat group this Sat- the 26th. For any and all of you reading, we'd love to have you join us. Our prayers are mostly for the children, court dates to go get them, assurance of God's financial provision for this increasing expensive journey, divine guidance on paperwork and packing, etc. We are praying for a court date soon, that our travel arrangements would fall into place and that God would already be preparing the path for us to follow as we journey back to Russia to reunite our family.

Another thought I had today- This joy, down deep inside, is to always be there. I pray that it is there in the rough as well as the great times- today, I guess it is just easier to find.

Oh yeah, I checked out Target today, too. My blogging buddy, Lori, keeps singing Target's praises. Boy did I find some stuff today!! How exciting...... ;0P

Thank you God for the people who make Map Quest possible. The directions today were very easy to follow and I didn't get lost at all. Thank you for friends and family praying for us. Thank you for holding our son and us close- may all our hearts beat in time to yours. Thank you for everyone reading this blog. I pray they feel your presence in a new and powerful way today- rest for the weary, peace for the distraught, strength for the weak, health for the sick- and for everyone, a glimpse of something new that they never knew before about you. I love you!!!!!!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I love Target! Glad you enjoyed it.

I'll be doing my garage sale on Saturday. I'm sure I'll have plenty of quiet time. I'll be lifting you and my other bloggy buddies in prayer that day especially.

Lori said...

Thanks for that.

Sherri said...

Praise God that you were able to accomplish so much!! Praying those documents will be there and a court date around the corner!! So glad that we are in this journey together and able to pray for one another!!