Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Perspective

God is so incredibly good all the time. As far as we know, our son is in an amazing facility in South Central Siberia, in pretty good health, as attested by his chubby little body, easy laughter and pleasant personality. Our paperwork, minus these 2 documents, is all in the hands of our prosecutor, ready to be turned in to court so we can travel around the world, attest to the desire to gather our son in our arms and return home turning the page to a new chapter in our lives. It is all in God's hands and will be done in His perfect timing. I can either stew and fret and lose the grace God has placed in front of me, or I can embrace it and Him even more fully as I cling to Him and wait to be wow'd as we travel this journey.

Though I still covet your prayers for our journey, I have another family I'd love to have you place on your prayer list. I came across this family through a friend of mine on Facebook. What an incredible story- full of love and trust and the amazing frailty of life that God guides us so carefully through. This story is about a young man, Nathan, his wife, Tricia, and their tiny infant daughter, Gwyneth Rose, weighing in now, almost 2 weeks old at just over a pound and 12 inches long. If I've done this correctly, you should be able to click on their name and see their blog/website. Nathan has been posting several times a day, and, amazingly, has found that over 300,000 people are praying for them- close to 400,000 in just the last few days. All over the world, God is calling His family to lift up this little family He's formed in the southeastern USA. This is how Nathan describes his blog:

My name is Nathan. My wife, Tricia has Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and had been preparing for a double lung transplant until we discovered we are pregnant. Tricia is the most incredible person I've ever met. She keeps me humble and in love. This is our story from my perspective...

I am humbled by their faith and trust in the God of the unknown, the God who knows the plans He has for them. They are struggling with literal life and death issues minute by minute. I pray for them that they may know the strength God gives when you are weak, the joy he gives when you are down and the healing He gives to all who are sick and weary.

I'm praying for miracles for us all!! Go God!! And thank you for showing me a new perspective about how it feels to bring a child home. It seems impossible that a hospital a few miles from home could be further away than an orphanage over 6,000 miles and 12 time zones away! Praying big things for your family, Nathan!! Hope you all are united soon! Praying protection for your Gwyneth's little body, that she grow big and strong and surprise even the most skeptical doctors and that your wife receive the lungs and health she so desperately desires as well as strength for you as you travel this journey you are on.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Debbie,
I hadn't checked your blog lately and just read your post from yesterday. I am so sorry about your documents. I certainly can empathize. My fingerprints were rejected by the FBI due to low quality and I had to resubmit them.
So 4 weeks later still waiting on that document. I will be praying that the turn around time is quick for you! God is able!!
Blessings,
Sherri

CFHusband said...

Thank you!

Deb said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing their blog.