Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

God's protective covering

Yeah!!! We got our FBI background checks back today. Finally. It took 3 weeks, due to the holiday backlog, vacations and closures. It arrived today on our basement doorstep in the mid- afternoon. Unfortunately, I didn't get home until close to 7, and the downpour (a good old-fashioned thunderstorm!!) has been going on for quite some time.

The Fed Ex envelope was waterlogged. As you can see in the picture- almost 3 inches on one side and about an inch along the top were soaked. I literally felt ill as I looked at the outside of the envelope, watching water run from it as I carried it inside. I'm doing a "help me" prayer at this point- please help me- let it be dry, if it isn't help me stay sane- a million different scenarios running through my mind on how we could get this done again. Who knows, maybe, suddenly, the Russian court won't require us to have "perfect documents," I hope the ink didn't run- maybe I can blow it dry with the hair dryer, maybe it won't be warped too badly......

I carried it to the office and had to cut it open with my trusty scissors as it had been completely sealed with that great packing tape that has the threads running through it. Praying all the time, I extracted 2 perfectly dry manila envelopes from the soggy mess. Incredulously, I looked inside the FedEx envelope, thinking that maybe it was plastic coated. No. It's not. And the cardboard inside the envelope was just as wet as the cardboard outside the envelope.

Thank you, God!! Thank you for caring for the little details. Thank you for your cover over us- in this case literally :) Thank you for proving, yet again, how you are handling everything- I praise you for you are so incredible. I thank you that you will continue to smooth the path for our son to come home.

THANK YOU, GOD!!!!!

5 comments:

Carey said...

WOW!

Lori said...

YEH! I cna picture the whole sordid mess...Thanks God for protecting that envelope! I hope this was the last big hurdle for all of us! On our way to Russia, Baby! Bringing home a baby...what do ya say?

Chris Goeppner said...

Woo Hoo! Praise the Lord! He is faithful and takes care of all the details! I am so, so happy to hear that you got your FBI checks back!!! Look out, here comes our court dates!=)
Blessings,
Penny
P.S. Up for a phone call tomorrow?

Deb said...

Wow! What a blessing!

Lori said...

You tell Tim he is a barrel of laughs! THe tree is taken care of! AND, it isn't even the 15th.